Wireless Battle of the Mesh is seeking its next location!
2022 is looking for location proposals for the "grand re-opening" of the annual wireless battlemesh cult.
We are now making a call for WBMv14 Location Proposals.
If you are unsure to step up, don't worry! Organizing Battlemesh requires some effort from the local team, but is not too difficult, and you are never on your own -- the mentor team, the previous edition's organizers, and the Battlemesh community are here to assist you!
Basic Wireless Battle of the Mesh .conf file
- A place in Europe that can be easily reachable and, if possible, affordable to travel.
- A venue for about 50 participants for about one week, that provides space for work and for talks, and Internet access.
- Food (supermarket, restaurant, canteen, catering, cooking on-site, ...) and affordable accommodation (hotels, hotels, camping, ...) is available in proximity.
The available dates don't conflict with other community events (or we join forces and collocate )
That's it. A motivated local group of three or so usually suffices for scouting and handling most on-site tasks before and during the event.
Other parts of the Battlemesh experience -- T-shirts, video streaming, social events, ... -- are subject to feasibility and community support. Note that Battlemesh historically has no entry fees and strives to provide a free-of-charge, open-for-all event.
How to submit a proposal
So you are thinking of hosting the next Battlemesh? Please follow up with your proposals by March 20th, even if it is still a rough idea. Send an e-mail to the organizers' mailing list at email@example.com answering the best you can to the following:
- Describe your proposed location (city, venue)
- Introduce yourself and your local team or community.
- Tell us about the facilities (rooms for 40-60 participants, internet access), accommodation options (what affordable hotels/hostels/camping/etc. exists, what would be an expected package price for a week), hackerspaces, etc.
- Tell us about travel options, e.g. nearest international airport, bus, or train
- Do you plan to have organized food (cooked/delivered)? Are there restaurants nearby, etc?
- What kind of social events could be organized?
- Preferred times (special care should be taken not to overlap with other important events)
After reviewing and iterating the possible locations during the following weeks, the mentor team will iterate with you this proposal and select the best candidate for a possible recon visit. After the recon visit, the final decision is announced.
If you do not have any proposal but would like to get more involved in organizing the next WBM please let us know!